These deconstructed cabbage rolls are deliciously filling and warm during the winter months.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 cup cauliflower, riced *
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp onion powder, adjust to taste
- 1 tsp smoked garlic seasoning from The Garlic Box, adjust to taste
*If using frozen cauliflower, defrost and squeeze out the water by putting it in a cloth and squeezing it.
- Mix the beef, egg white, and cauliflower together. Form 8 meatballs from the mixture.
- Heat a pan and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Add tomatoes and smoked garlic. Cook covered on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add cabbage simmer on low for another 20 minutes.
Makes 2 unrestricted servings of vegetables and protein (tomato is an occasional vegetable choice).