This Phase 1 Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata offers a nice dinner option for egg lovers and vegetarians.
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- 2 cups asparagus, trimmed and cut to 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp dried chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Adjust or add spices to your taste (onion powder, garlic powder, etc)
- Arrange an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat 2 tsp of the grapeseed oil in an 8-inch, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, in a bowl whisk together the eggs, chives, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms and asparagus and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 2 minutes.
- When the eggs are set, put the pan under the broiler for 2 & 1/2 to 3 minutes or until frittata is golden brown.
Makes 2 servings (protein + 2 cups vegetables) for Phase 1.