- 1 1/2 cups fresh asparagus, ends removed, and chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional seasonings to try: Curry, Paprika, etc.
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Ground black pepper
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic with a tablespoon of water, with salt and pepper to taste (or spice of choice). Cook until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the asparagus to the pot and cover with broth.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook on medium heat until the asparagus is soft and tender (approx.10 minutes).
- Transfer the soup to a food processor, or using an immersion blender, and process until soup is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into soup bowls and sprinkle with ground pepper and chives.