If you are on Phase 1, they do not count as part of your 2 cups of vegetables because they are raw mushrooms.
- 6 cups white button mushrooms, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup white onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp sage, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice (½ lemon)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Combine lemon juice, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place mushrooms in a large ziploc bag. Add the onion, parsley and sage.
- Pour the marinade into the ziploc bag, making sure contents are evenly coated. Seal after squeezing out air, laying lat to marinate.
- Refrigerate mushrooms for 4 hours, turning bag hourly to mix contents.