- 1 lbs chicken breast, skin removed
- 8 oz of mushrooms (white or cremini), sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 8-10 large garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground dried sage
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix the broth and spices in bowl.
- Place the chicken breast in a baking dish and pour the broth and spices over top. Add the sliced mushrooms and garlic cloves (spreading evenly around pan).
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- To make the garlic mushroom sauce: separate the liquid, garlic and half of the mushrooms from the chicken and place it in a blender. Pulse until you get the consistency of gravy.Spoon it over the chicken and enjoy!