However, if tuna isn't to your taste, maybe our similar Crab Cake recipe will suit you better.
- 1 can flaked tuna in water (approx. 184 grams)
- 1 - 2 Tbsp of tuna juice from can (save tuna juice to add to mix)
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, finely diced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 packet Ideal Protein Potato Puree
- 1/8 cup egg whites
- In a bowl, combine flaked tuna, spices, pickles, and egg whites.
- Add the contents of the Ideal Protein Potato Puree and 1 Tbsp of tuna juice to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Stir adding more tuna juice to thin if needed.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a pan. Spoon in the fish cake mix to the size you want and carefully shape. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, flipping the patty when it is firm on the bottom. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Makes 2 servings