- 2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup celery root, diced
- 1/2 cup leeks, sliced
- 1/2 cup whole large dill pickles, shredded
- 1/2 cup pickle juice (or less/more to taste)
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground dry mustard
- Saute the celery root and leeks in grapeseed oil for 5 minutes.
- Add spices and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken broth and dill pickle juice. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the celery root is cooked.
- Add 1/2 cup grated dill pickle. If you prefer a smoother soup, use an immersion blender to puree the vegetables before adding the dill pickle.