|The LillyPad Roll and Zucchini Wrapped Egg Salad rolls|
Our creamy egg salad was made with egg and tofu and served two ways. The first was in leaves of lettuce (romaine, leaf lettuce and boston/bibb lettuce). The second was wrapped in thin ribbons of zucchini with julienne radish and bell pepper.
Ingredients: (combine to make egg salad)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped or mashed
- 1 Tbsp silken tofu
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Served up in lettuce wraps, this filling was a wonderfully savoury change from tuna salad.
Ingredients: (combine to make filling)
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard, or to taste
The LillyPad Roll
A first for us, this mock sushi roll was a hit with our clients.
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, cold
- 4 Tbsp silken tofu
- 1 tsp chinese five spice
- 1 sheet roasted nori
- 1/2 cup vegetables, sliced (cucumber, bell pepper, onion, asparagus, radish, zucchini)
- soy sauce
- wasabi paste
- Mix cauliflower rice with silken tofu and optional chinese five spice.
- Place one nori sheet, shiny side down
- Spread the cauliflower rice mix onto the sheet evenly, leaving 2 cm of room at the top edge.
- Place sliced vegetables in a line from left to right. For example, a line of cucumber, a line of green onion and a line of bell pepper in parallel.
- Roll the sheet from the bottom as tightly as possible. We did this by hand but you can also use a sushi mat if you have one.
- Slice the roll into 1 inch rounds.
- Use soy sauce and wasabi paste to taste to make a dip for your roll. Enjoy!
Low Carb Potato Bread
Using the Ideal Protein Potato Puree and egg whites, you can make potato bread great for wrapping your 2 cups of vegetables to make a Phase 1 compliant meal. Used immediately after cooking, it will be soft, but if you leave it to cool it will set into a more cracker like crunchiness.
Learn more about lettuce in our Lettuces post.
See our Mustard post to learn more about the flavour of the month used in some of our fillings.
If you love wraps, you might also be interested in a previous LillyPad recipe - Napa Cabbage Spring Rolls