- 1-2 cups Cauliflower, grated
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and chopped (4 cups chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, deribbed, and chopped
- 3 green onions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 jalapeno chiles, stemmed, halved lengthwise, seeded and deribbed (use disposable gloves)
- small handful Italian parsley, large stems removed
- small handful spearmint or lemon verbena leaves
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- ½ cup chicken stock, or water, plus additional
- ¼ cup cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons natural-process red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- several drops of Tabasco Green Pepper Sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ cup diced English cucumber (with peel), ¼ cup diced green bell pepper, coarsely grated zest of 1 lemon, 6 small tips of fresh spearmint or lemon verbena
- Put the cucumber, bell pepper, green onions, jalapeno chiles, parsley, spearmint or lemon verbena, and garlic into a blender and liquefy.
- Add the stock, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Tabasco, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Taste and adjust the balance of salt and lemon juice if needed. Adjust the thickness of the soup by adding a little more chicken stock if needed.
- Chill for at least two hours.
- Just before serving, pour the soup into individual cups, and then sprinkle each with a bit of diced cucumber, red bell pepper, and lemon zest.
- Top each serving with a tiny sprig of spearmint or lemon verbena.