A Phase I friendly Irish Stew just in time for St. Patrick's Day!
- 2 lbs beef, cut for stew into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups celery root, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups turnip, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cup stalks of celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces beef or chicken broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves (chopped just before serving)
- In a 6-quart crock pot, combine the meat, celery root, cabbage, turnip, celery, broth, and all seasonings, except parsley.
- Stir well, cover, and cook on low about 7 to 8 hours, until meat is fork tender.
- Just before serving, sprinkle on the fresh parsley to brighten the flavor