- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Trim off the ends of the brussels sprouts. Peel off the leaves, trimming the stem as you go. Once you get to the small heart of the sprout and can no longer peel away leaves, just cut it in half.
- Place all the leaves in a large bowl. Add oil, garlic, salt, and pepper (about 12 turns on pepper mill). Toss with your hands until the leaves are well coated.
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast until crisp and the edges are browned, approx. 18 to 20 minutes.