- 1 small head of Savoy cabbage
- 2 cups cucumber or zucchini, julienne
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- stevia to taste
- Cut the cabbage in half through the center of the stem. Lay the head flat and cut 1/4 inch ribbons. Remove the firm stem. Set aside.
- Julienne the cucumber or zucchini.
- Whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, stevia and, if desired garlic, 5 spice and cayenne, in a large glass bowl. Add the cabbage, cucumber (or zucchini) into the mixing bowl and toss well to coat. Let stand 5 minutes and toss again.
- You can eat the salad as is or make it more tender in one of two ways:
- Place bowl of mixture in the bottom of a dehydrator at 115 degrees for 30 minutes. Toss again and continue to dehydrate until cabbage “noodles” are tender to the tooth. OR
- Spread mixture on a tray and bake in an oven on lowest temp (115 if possible) for 15 minutes.