- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp Ideal Protein maple syrup
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch each black pepper and cayenne
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced in strips with a peeler
- Stir together ingredients in a baking dish, adding eggplant slices after combining. Spoon sauce to ensure slices are coated.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cook or dehydrate as outlined below:
- Oven: Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Cook in oven on lowest setting for several hours or overnight. Timing depends on thickness of eggplant and oven temperature.
- Dehydrator: Place on trays for Dehydrator, set temp to 135 or vegetables and leave for 8 hours or overnight.