This colourful vegetable dish is hearty and delicious. Add some tofu or chicken for a great stir-fry, pair with grilled steak, or serve over your Ideal Protein Rotini.
- 1 large Italian eggplant (or 2 medium Japanese or Chinese eggplants) chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, diced 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped 1 inch pieces
- grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp Chili Garlic sauce (Huy Fong Sauce is 0 carb, 0 sugar, 0 calorie. You will find it in most grocery stores near soy sauce.)
- In a large non-stick pan heat 2 tsp of grapeseed oil on medium heat.
- Add the eggplant and pepper pieces, toss to coat in oil. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover and let the eggplant and peppers cook.
- Check the eggplant and peppers every 5-7 minutes to make sure they do not burn or stick to the pan. Stir pieces adding a little more water to stop eggplant from sticking to the pan if needed (be careful to only add a small amount each time so that you don't end up with watery mushy eggplant). The eggplant is done once it is cooked but firm and still holding shape.
- Add the minced garlic, soy sauce and chili sauce. Toss and turn off the heat. You can serve right away or leave it in fridge over night to let the flavours blend.